St. Margaret Mary recognizes that student learning begins at home and that the best learning outcomes occur in partnership with school and parents.
Successful students have home support that includes:
- A place and set time to study
- Reasonable access to resource materials
- Open communication about proper conduct, assignments, learning goals, and priorities
- And, examples of prayer life and church attendance.
Communication is key in parent/school partnerships and several channels are utilized.
- Grade-level meetings to communicate curriculum and learning goals
- Open House
- Monday Memo weekly bulletin from principal with relevant notices
- PlusPortal on-line communication system for grades, assignments, school calendar, and teacher e-mail system.
- Phone text announcements (weather at dismissal, special masses, etc.)
- Parent-teacher conferences
Please click on the drop down menu to see more topics of interest.